[Telepathy] Bug: Crash using emapthy+telepathy-sofia-sip on arch linux

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 02:20:53 PST 2010

Le mercredi 06 janvier 2010 à 21:26 -0500, Adam Van Ymeren a écrit :
> When trying to place a call using emapthy 2.28.2 and
> telepathy-sofiasip 0.5.17-1 running on arch linux, empathy crashes
> with the following error message:
>
> ERROR:empathy-video-widget.c:130:empathy_video_widget_constructed:
> assertion failed: (sink != NULL)
>
> Any advice on a workaround for this problem?
>
> Please CC me on response, I'm not subscribed to this list.

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late response.

Seems
  sink = gst_element_factory_make ("gconfvideosink", NULL);
returned NULL.

Could you please check if you have this element installed using this
command:
gst-inspect gconfvideosink

It will also be interesting to know how this element is configured.
Could you paste the output of:
gconftool-2 --get /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/videosink

Thanks!

	G.