[Telepathy] Video Calls implementation in CM.

Krzysztof Klinikowski kkszysiu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 18:38:52 PDT 2010

Hello.
As some people may know I'm writting another Connection Manager called
telepathy-onetczat. Most of functions for that protocol I have
implemented. Now I'm fighting with video calls and well... I'm loosing
this fight. Onet Czat's protocol using just JPG files to show stream.
It's simple... server sends us JPG file data after couple of seconds.
I'm handling it with Twisted framework so it works well and I get
callback when image is received. That's works...

My problem is how to connect it with Telepathy/Empathy. If it's
possible I want to ommit all that Farsight stuff because I don't know
that library and I'm pretty scared/dont know how to use it. Is
possible to use pure GStreamer to that?

Another problem is how to send stream into Empathy VideoCall Ui. For
example I got:

  # Create GStreamer pipeline
  self.pipeline = gst.Pipeline(“mypipeline”)
  # Set up our video test source
  self.videotestsrc = gst.element_factory_make(“videotestsrc”, “video”)
  # Add it to the pipeline
  self.pipeline.add(self.videotestsrc)

So I want to display TestVideo into Empathy VideoCall UI but whats
next? How to redirect it into Empathy? I got CallState and
MediaSignalling implemented but still don't know how to send stream
into Empathy and thats my main problem now. Any suggestions? Could
anyone help me with that?