[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Empathy 2.31.3
guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 08:22:52 PDT 2010
Empathy 2.31.3 is now available for download from:
What is it?
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has an user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
You can visit the project web site:
The "Curtain required call" release.
This new release brings significant improvements to the spell checker.
It should also fix connection issues with Facebook accounts. If you
experienced issues with previous versions you should recreate your account and
give it another try.
Empathy now depends on telepathy-glib 0.11.6.
- Fixed #520207, Edit favorite button doesn't work (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #579812, Use avatar data/cache from TpContact (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #604159, Spell checker breaks words incorrectly (on apostrophes, for example) (Mike Ruprecht)
- Fixed #611466, "Applications->Internet->Empathy IM client" title is sub-optimal (Paul Sladen)
- Fixed #611894, Add option to make chatroom "always urgent" (Jonas Bonn)
- Fixed #612523, display protocol names for configured accounts in the debug window (Danielle Madeley)
- Fixed #616603, Should use tp-glib API to get avatar requirements (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #616616, Possible to open multiple accounts dialog (Danielle Madeley)
- Fixed #617971, Empathy silently fails importing contacts from Pidgin (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #618993, Fix various channel handling issues (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #619378, Fix contact menu items' capitalization (Gabriel Burt)
- Fixed #619488, EmpathyTpContactFactort should be killed (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #619489, EmpathyContactMonitor should be killed (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #619678, "Invite" button not marked for translation (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #619701, Avatar chooser can enter infinite loop (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #619702, configure script not compatible with dash as /bin/sh (Simons McVittie)
- Fixed #619736, crash on 0-byte file in log search (Robert McQueen)
- Fixed #619862, "Network error" on connecting to Facebook Chat (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #619863, "Previous Conversations" Search entry is not activatable (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #619980, empathy hangs with high cpu load when changing avatar (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #620439, "Join favorites" should deal better with connecting accounts (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #620474, Status reported by account dialog is wrong in connman mode (Rob Bradford)
- Fixed #620476, accounts_dialog_update_status_infobar mixes const and allocated strings for message (Rob Bradford)
- Fixed #620657, Empathy should not requires that geoclue providers support updates (Laurent Bigonville)
- Fixed #620760, Switching from sending video to just preview makes my local preview jump out into its own window (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Updated es Translation (Jorge González)
- Updated et Translation (Mattias Põldaru)
- Updated gl Translation (Fran Diéguez)
- Updated he Translation (Yaron Shahrabani)
- Updated nb Translation (Kjartan Maraas)
- Updated nl Translation (Wouter Bolsterlee, Hannie Dumoleyn)
- Updated th Translation (Sira Nokyoongtong)
- Updated de Documentation translation (Mario Blättermann)
- Updated es Documentation translation (Jorge González)
07 June 2010
More information about the telepathy