[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Empathy 2.31.4
guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 09:47:32 PDT 2010
Empathy 2.31.4 is now available for download from:
What is it?
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has an user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
You can visit the project web site:
A lot of new things in this release!
Empathy now has an awesome contact live search feature.
See http://kaserf.blogspot.com/2010/06/empathy-live-search.html for details.
Empathy doesn't log messages any more but relies on a new component,
the telepathy-logger, to do so. As a result the feature allowing you to tag
contacts as favourites is now built-in.
The contact list and status icon are now a proper Telepathy Approver. That
means external applications can now approve channels as well and Empathy will
handle them nicely.
This release makes a few steps forward to the bright GNOME 3 future by removing
deprecated GTK+ symbols and switching from GConf to GSettings.
* telepathy-logger ≥ 0.1.2 (0.1.3 recommended)
* telepathy-glib ≥ 0.11.7
* libunique ≥ 0.1.2
* GTK+ ≥ 2.21.2
- Fixed #586476, Use accessor functions instead direct access (Danielle Madeley)
- Fixed #588922, Empathy should use ContactInfo (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #589225, We should check if the contact supports vnc stream tube for Share my desktop (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #599158, Contact list and status icon should be an Approver (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #608166, Add contacts live search bar (Felix Kaser, Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #610956, Should depend on telepathy-logger (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #616362, Port Empathy to GSettings (Danielle Madeley)
- Fixed #619873, search-as-you-type should only match beginnings of words (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #620903, some messages get dropped when using adium themes (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #621023, empathy does not set geoclue requirements before asking for address/position (Laurent Bigonville)
- Fixed #621089, The live search don't always have focus in main window (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #621409, empathy-220.127.116.11: tests fail (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #621545, Stable empathy passes GTK_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES and doesn't require libunique that is fine with that (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #621703, Here come a couple of UI tweaks (Will Thompson)
- Fixed #621789, crash when closing chat with still-open notification bubble (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #621797, Doesn't display outgoing message (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #621894, Should port to new tp-logger API (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #621998, Should stop using ShareWithTube() (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622201, Can't connect chatroom if space after adress (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622266, Should decide which default font to use for chat view (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #622273, Crash when closing the log viewer while searching (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622368, Audio/Video: Use TpSimpleHandler (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622370, Should bold dates having logs (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622381, Debug dialog: display Logger logs (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622491, port EmpathyMainWindow to GtkWindow subclass (Danielle Madeley)
- Fixed #622557, port EmpathyPreferences to GtkDialog subclass (Danielle Madeley)
- Fixed #622578, Remove MC4 import (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #622714, 'previous conversations' on a contact brings up generic dialog (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Updated eo Translation (Kristjan Schmidt)
- Updated es Translation (Jorge González)
- Updated et Translation (Mattias Põldaru)
- Updated fr Translation (Claude Paroz)
- Updated gl Translation (Fran Diéguez)
- Updated he Translation (Yaron Shahrabani)
- Updated lv Translation (Rudolfs Mazurs)
- Updated nb Translation (Kjartan Maraas)
- Updated zh_HK Translation (Cheng-Chia Tseng)
- Updated zh_TW Translation (Cheng-Chia Tseng)
More information about the telepathy