[Telepathy] video chat not working (Ubuntu 9.10, Gtalk)

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 11:44:32 PST 2010

Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Le mercredi 03 mars 2010 à 11:45 +0000, Joe Corneli a écrit :
>> Hi All:
>>
>> Sorry, it took me a while to get back to this because my computer crashed.
>> System is reconstructed -- here are some log files:
>>
>> gabble.log  : http://pastebin.com/wnMn4DLC
>> empathy.log : http://pastebin.com/pr1rF99V
>>
>> **gabble.log generated by
>>
>> GABBLE_PERSIST=1 GABBLE_DEBUG=all WOCKY_DEBUG=xmpp
>> /usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-gabble 2>&1 | tee gabble.log
>>
>> **empathy started with
>>
>> EMPATHY_LOGFILE=/tmp/empathy.log GST_DEBUG=\*fsrtp\*:5 EMPATHY_DEBUG=all empathy
>

>         (empathy:2549): tp-fs-WARNING **: stream 1 0x878eaa8 (audio)
>         _tf_stream_bus_message: error (connection-failed (108)): Could
>         not establish connection : Could not establish connection on the
>         RTP component
>         tp-fs-Message: tf_stream_error: stream error errorno=3
>         error=Could not establish connection
>
>         (empathy:2549): tp-fs-WARNING **: stream 2 0x878ea38 (video)
>         _tf_stream_bus_message: error (connection-failed (108)): Could
>         not establish connection : Could not establish connection on the
>         RTP component
>         tp-fs-Message: tf_stream_error: stream error errorno=3
>         error=Could not establish connection
>
> Empathy can't connect the audio/video streams. Are you behind a facist
> firewall/NAT?
>
> Also, it seems that Gabble can't connect to google relays either:
> (telepathy-gabble:2542): gabble-DEBUG: on_http_response: Google session
> creation failed, relaying not used: 4 Cannot connect to destination

to me, it looks like his connection dropped or something, or he has a
nasty firewall.. for the google relays to fail connecting too (a
standard HTTP request on a public google web server) means that his
connection might have dropped for some reason... Also, without relay
information, if his router is not nice, then there's a good chance that
it will fail since he can't fallback on using TURN relay servers.

Youness.