[Telepathy] New to telepathy - help required

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Tue Mar 9 11:38:31 PST 2010

Hi,

From: telepathy-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:telepathy-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of ext Sai TP
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 2:07 PM
To: telepathy at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: [Telepathy] New to telepathy - help required

I had a look at Empathy. I need a much simpler way of doing it. Is it possible to establish a gtalk call session without having mission control or any tubes? Can I just create an account and register it with gtalk and make a call using telepathy-farsight? I do not need the presence information.
It is like from a phone, login with a google account and make a gtalk call to one of the gtalk contact.

Can anybody help me or point me to any help to do this?

You don’t have to use tubes if you don’t need them. If Mission Control is installed in the system, you can use its AccountManager interface to discover the Google Talk (or any other suitable) account or create one. You are going to need it to request the call channel.

Similarly, you don’t have to use contact list channels or presence if you don’t care about that. Just use the callee’s address when requesting a call channel, or if you want more elaborate contact validation beforehand, request its contact handle.

P.S. Would Telepathy-Qt4, by chance, be better suited for your implementation?

Best regards,
  Mikhail