[Telepathy] Best way to handle the client leaking connections?

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Wed Mar 10 05:14:31 PST 2010

Hi, this is Mikhail from Nokia.

To make Mission Control happy, a connection manager should not block its internal event loop which processes D-Bus method calls, at least at the time when RequestConnection is called. If the RequestConnection D-Bus call times out, Mission control will consider the connection failed, and rightly so.
So, if you have any such kind of snags in your protocol stack, you ought to work around them. Look closely at any blocking calls performed: 1) at connect time; 2) at connection shutdown so they may leave a connection object lingering. Consider using asynchronous implementation for such functionality if available, or put it to a thread.

Hope this helps,
  Mikhail