[Telepathy] video chat not working (Ubuntu 9.10, Gtalk)

Joe Corneli holtzermann17 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:32:07 PST 2010

I've advised the admins here about the ports I see mentioned in the
gabble.log file.  However, I just wanted to remind you all -- Google
Talk works just fine under Mac OS X 10.4 (using Google's Gtalk
accessory).  So whatever the issues may be with the firewall, Google's
implementation knows how to negotiate them.  I'm happy to continue
to provide information to telepathy developers about my particular
situation -- it would be great if we could get this working!  However,
I don't know if there are many things that the admins here will be
willing to change about their firewall settings...