[Telepathy] New to telepathy - help required

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:38:00 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Sai TP <urfriendsai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Thanks for the response and the suggestion. Does the telepathy-qt4 support other CMs as well or farsight only? I see examples only for telepathy-farsight. Can we use any other connection manager like tp-gabble or tp-butterfly with telepathy-qt4?
>
> Thanks,
> Sai

telepathy-farsight is not a connection manager, it is a library that
provides all the necessary audio/video streaming functionality that
your application needs to have in order to do a call. Currently this
is the only library that provides this functionality and it is used in
all applications that do calls with telepathy (empathy, kcall,
etc...). It is not specific to telepathy-qt4 at all, it is not even
written in C++/Qt. The example that you saw actually uses
telepathy-gabble as a CM, but this can change with just one line
change in the example's source code. As the CM interface is part of
the telepathy specification, one can use any CM with any of the
libraries (telepathy-glib, telepathy-qt4, etc...); there is no
limitation.