[Telepathy] ssh over telepathy?

Butrus Damaskus butrus.butrus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:22:43 PDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Butrus Damaskus wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Just an Idea: How complicate would it be to allow ssh be "tunneled"
>> over telepathy in the same way as the VNC is? The VNC is sometimes
>> really slow and ssh would make much more sense...
>
> I have done this in Sugar, a desktop environment that makes heavy use of
> Telepathy.
>
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-May/014165.html
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/shareterm

Great! How complicated would it be to be able to build a package for
normal (not mobile) distro?
Which MC are you using?

And: Are You creating and exchanging custom ssh keys prior to
establishing a connection?

> The danger of ssh, of course, is that it is read-write.  The other
> participant gains all of your privilege over your system.  With VNC, you
> have the option of a read-only mode.

Well, read-only VNC isn't that helpfull :) And on slower lines, the
VNC is (compared to ssh) way too slow...