[Telepathy] API Draft for high level tubes in tp-qt4

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 07:19:10 PDT 2010

Hello,

I managed to implement a preliminary version of StreamTubes. There's still a
critical problem in the accept phase I cannot get over and I'd like you to
take a look as well. But one thing at a time.

The code is in my private git repo (
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/drf/telepathy-
qt4.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/high-level-tubes ), branch high-level-tubes.
It's rebased upon the CMake branch, given that I suck at autotools and the
cmake branch will be eventually merged before my changes get in. It features
the new stream tube classes, and an example to let you test.

The problems:

 - I couldn't manage to demarshall the variant returned by StreamTube.Accept
into a SocketAddress* struct. After some debugging and stuff, I'm completely
clueless about the problem. Demarshalling the variant I managed to get the
address literal as a QString, but not the port. The funny and problematic
thing is that the very same thing happens in FileTransfer channel (in which I
also fixed a bug which lead to a crash, patch upcoming), where the AcceptFile
method should return the same struct.

 - I bundled all the features into FeatureCore.

 - When accepting the tube, at the moment I'm not giving the user a choice for
the socket type. Any hints on how to do that in the API? I'd rather not expose
the bare socket type.

That should be all for now.

--

Dario Freddi