[Telepathy] Stage of proxy support

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue May 4 05:54:51 PDT 2010

Le mardi 04 mai 2010 à 09:40 +0200, Guillaume Desmottes a écrit :

> I totally agree. The accounts dialog is already pretty complicated; I
> don't want to make it even worst.

Also, while Pidgin configuration seems more advanced, it's still very
far from the true reality. With portable computers (including phones)
people can use multiple networks within a same day. The best solution
for configuration would be to have at the same time global configuration
and per-connection configuration. Those would be auto-selected base on
current network profile.

That said, the mechanic involved is way too complex to be implemented by
all the software separably. Better have a system wide configuration
panel that does it right (and try not to make the basic case complex)
compared having tones of different UI all over the place.

This being said, before you can really consider having proxy support, we
need to stop copy pasting protocol and configuration and use a single,
tested and debugged implementation that, hopefully, will also be the
most complete. Base on that, I encourage anybody like Sébastien to take
a peace and write it.

Cheer,
Nicolas