[Telepathy] Adding SIP contacts to list in Empathy 2.30

Toby streumix at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 06:24:08 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've configured two SIP accounts in Empathy (2.30 /debian unstable) and they are up and running, which means,
I can initiate audio calls manually. But when trying to add a contact, SIP account are greyed out.
Does this mean Empathy restricts contact list entries to server based protocols with presence support ?
( ... and I have to keep any SIP address in mind ? ... arghh ...)
Or is there a way to store a SIP address in the contact list, so that I can make a call from the list
without entering the address ?

Of course, full presence and video support in sofia-sip would be the ultimate solution. But ....

Toby