[Telepathy] MXit protocol support

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 12 01:53:53 PDT 2010

On 11/05/10 21:10, avictor.za at gmail.com wrote:
> I noticed that Empathy (included with Ubuntu 10.04) now includes the
> MXit protocol option (via telepathy-haze).
>
> It unfortunately does not work since the first time you connect to
> MXit it needs to authorize some account information (country,
> language, anti-bot captcha).
> This is requested from the user using purple_request_fields(), and I
> see that telepathy-haze doesn't implement that API
> (http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-haze.git;a=blob;f=src/request.c).
>
> Are there any issues in getting this API implemented?

Yes: telepathy-haze doesn't present any UI itself, so it can't show
dialog boxes. This is why the purple_request_* API isn't implemented.

I think the way out of this is, unfortunately, to have a channel type
for captchas and stuff, which would look pretty much like the
authentication channels Eitan is working on.

Will