[Telepathy] telepathy-spec vs. XTLS: round 2

Cosimo Cecchi cosimoc at gnome.org
Mon May 31 07:42:11 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 15:43 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> Hi, don't know if this feedback is welcome at this particular stage,
> but has any thought gone in how tp-glib or the other high level
> bindings would expose a simplified API that abstracts most of these
> details?

Hi Tomeu,

to be fair, it's probably a bit too early to think about a simplified
API on the bindings side, but ideally messaging clients should rarely
need to use these interfaces at all.

In the future, we expect the password/keyring manager (e.g. Seahorse on
GNOME) to install a handler for this kind of channels, which would take
care of setting up all the information needed for authentication.
Clients should just request e.g. an encrypted text channel and (if they
want) observe the state changes of the authentication channel until the
channel they requested goes 'encrypted' (or it doesn't).

Cheers,

Cosimo