[Telepathy] I'm unable to create a channel

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 01:12:32 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM,  <mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi,

(bah, failed to send this to the list earlier)

There is a constant for the interface name
(TP_QT4_IFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_CONTACT_LIST in this case). We consider
property names so low-level that we don't generate string constants
for them - instead, you'll have to do TP_QT4_IFACE_CHANNEL +
QLatin1String(".ChannelType"). Low-level, because we've made it
unnecessary to build e.g. channel class or request props variant maps
by hand by virtue of having the methods like ensureTextChat for the
channel types for which this makes sense - which isn't true for
ContactList, as previously mentioned.b

And indeed, I can confirm you shouldn't attempt to use ContactList
channels directly. Tp::ContactManager abstracts them in a such a way
that your application will probably still work without code
modification underneath using the improved (more efficient)
Connection.Interface.ContactList API when we port Tp::ContactManager
to support it.

Br,
Olli Salli