[Telepathy] Telepathy git repositories moving to freedesktop

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 06:21:43 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 13:20 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 at 14:03:38 +0100, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> > The review list on http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Review%
> > 20Procedure is per component but we used to get access to the whole
> > telepathy group on the Collabora server.
>
> .... except when you didn't (some components have their own group, some have
> the telepathy group).
>
> I think it's OK for commit access to be to the whole of Telepathy: commit
> access means you're trusted to not abuse your commit access by pushing
> unreviewed changes, or changes to components you know nothing about :-)
>
> Similarly, one of the criteria for being a reviewer in the Webkit policy seems
> to be (paraphrasing) that you can be trusted to say "I'm not qualified to
> review that, ask someone else" when appropriate.

Exactly, i think we shouldn't try to have a per-component list of
reviewers, it's too much overhead and nobody updates it in practise.

For fd.o, everyone with access to the telepathy group will have access
to all of telepathy, regardless of which areas they've contributed to.
There is a small exception in that wocky has its own freedesktop
project, but i'm happy to follow the same procedures for that (and being
a telepathy committor should give you the same rights for wocky, no
questions asked :))