[Telepathy] How to access the ContactList channel after enabling an Account?

Balasubramaniam P balasubramaniam.p at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:44:29 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Will Thompson <
will.thompson at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> On 26/11/10 14:14, Balasubramaniam P wrote:
>
>> Our understanding is that a ContactList channel is created after an
>> account is enabled.
>> How can we access this channel?
>>

> Does this chapter of the Telepathy book help?
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/sect.channel.contactlist.html
>
> The first example is Python, but can be translated to telepathy-glib by
> imagining it's calling
> tp_cli_connection_interface_requests_call_ensure_channel().
>
> Sorry about the horrible API for contact lists. It'll be replaced by
> something much better soon.  If using TelepathyQt4 is an option for you, its
> Tp::ContactManager API hides the pain.

Thanks for the super fast reply!

When we tried  tp_cli_connection_interface_requests_call_ensure_channel(),
we get the following error:
 failed: Object
/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/alwaysbcool_40gmail_2ecom_2f66f7bbd0
does not have interface
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.Interface.Requests
We will check it more. If you have any suggestions, do let us know.

And, we are using telepathy-glib

Regards,
Bala