[Telepathy] Suitability of Telepathy for Pontarius on Windows and Mac OS X

Jon Kristensen technology at jonkristensen.com
Sat Nov 27 06:49:36 PST 2010

Hello Telepathy people!

I have started working on Pontarius 0.1, a set of free software media
server programs. [1]Pontarius will build services on top of the
[2]Extended Personal Media Network (XPMN) architecture, as defined by
Dirk Meyer. We will have a server program that will transfer resources
end-to-end encrypted over XMPP. I also want some kind of client that can
access these resources at the request of other applications.

Telepathy seems like a wonderful library for GNU/Linux, but do you think
it will be a good choice for the Windows or Mac OS X platforms? It would
be great if the media accessor client could be /interoperable/ in that I
can use the same client code across all platforms. I'm considering
developing the application with Python, but I may fall back to C if that
is more reasonable.

Thanks in advance for any comments! :)

Best,
Jon Kristensen