[Telepathy] empathy issues

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:49:34 PDT 2010

I'm running ejabberd 2.0.5 and trying to use Empathy 2.30.2 on Ubuntu
10.04.  I've  never been able to get Empathy to work since I initially
tried it with maybe Ubuntu 9.04 or 9.10.

If I am already signed into the account with Psi, when I hover over
myself in Psi, it shows that I am available with the Empathy resource
(in addition to the Psi resource).  But that resource does not appear
online to other users.

If I'm not already signed into the account, I do appear online to other
users.  Eventually my roster appears.  However nothing happens when
other users send me messages.  Also, telepathy-gabble CPU usage spikes
to 90%.  I can't reconnect to the server until I kill telepathy-gabble.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Jesse