[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: libfolks 0.3.1

Travis Reitter travis.reitter at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 14:29:26 PDT 2010

libfolks 0.3.1 is now available for download from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.3/

d40dbfcb3552a81e8f310d2a2e84cc867b9f5b1d8061c269c55af2fa396870a3
folks-0.3.1.tar.bz2

9590e681c066098f0ab09c07bdada43f3f93718ad8c0769f9d900b9f8d99bb89
folks-0.3.1.tar.gz

libfolks 0.3.1 — Hurry, before we end up cool!
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends
(especially evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!

libfolks is not yet API or ABI stable, so please proceed with caution.
The 0.2.x series will stay stable relative to itself, but the 0.3.x
series breaks API with the 0.2.x series (to get it in better shape
before we do a final API freeze). See the NEWS file for details on every
break we make. In future releases, we will have example programs that
will be kept up-to-date with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

What's new?
===========

Major changes:
* Tpf.Persona.contact is now guaranteed to have the client type feature

API changes:
* Add the PersonaStore:can-add-personas property
* Add the PersonaStore:can-remove-personas property
* Add the PersonaStore:can-alias-personas property
* Add the PersonaStore:can-group-personas property
* Make Individual implement the IMable interface

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 630431 — notify::alias is never emitted
* Bug 631864 — Crash when empathy disconnects
* Bug 632096 — build failure: contact-retrieval.o: undefined reference
  to symbol 'gee_abstract_collection_add'
* Bug 632163 — Folks key-file backend needs a way to point to a specific
  .ini file

Dependencies
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of
telepathy-glib, built to include its Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact