[Telepathy] Text Message Flags

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 16:12:01 PDT 2010

Hi Telepathy people,

I'm writing KDEs main text chat handler application, and have several small
questions about using telepathy from a client POV so I'll be spamming the list
over the next few months.

In an incoming message, I'm a bit confused as to how I'm meant to handle the
flags.
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.Text.html#org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.Text.Channel_Text_Message_Type

Does "Truncated" mean that the message has been split, and I'll get the rest
of the message later, or does it mean that some of the message is lost for
good?

Should I show a message to the user saying "some of this message has been
truncated" ?

Is there an easy way to test this happening (with a real world scenario)?

Thanks in advance

David Edmundson