[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-gabble 0.9.18

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 13:43:34 PDT 2010

The “What, more work? Off I go then” release.

This is a release candidate for the Gabble 0.10.x stable branch.

tarball: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.9.18.tar.gz
signature: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.9.18.tar.gz.asc

Enhancements:

• fd.o #30065: implement the stable API for ContactSearch (wjt)

• Implement the stable API for interactive TLS certificate checking (cosimoc)

• Implement the stable API for Conference channels (smcv)

• Add the fallback-servers parameter, which can be used to make connections to
  Google Talk on some networks more reliable (stormer)

• Prompt the user about unknown TLS certificates if neither require-encryption
  nor ignore-ssl-errors is set (cosimoc)

Fixes:

• Make the --with-ca-certificates configure option work (Vincent Untz)

• fd.o #30117: always emit PresencesChanged when we change our own presence,
  and fix a related memory leak (wjt)

• update our copy of Wocky:
  › fd.o#28051: SRV errors on some networks no longer break Facebook
    logins (wjt)
  › don't fail on missing CRLs if not in strict TLS verification mode
    (fledermaus)