[Telepathy] About proxy support

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 05:09:49 PDT 2010

Le jeudi 16 septembre 2010 à 10:10 +0100, Will Thompson a écrit :

> On 16/09/10 02:49, Danielle Madeley wrote:
> > Support for proxies will appear in GLib 2.26 and will enable proxy
> > support in telepathy-glib based connection managers: gabble, haze, etc.
>
> Unfortunately, Haze won't gain proxy support for free: libpurple doesn't
> use GIO (afaik).

I went through libpurple code recently and found that libpurple reads
directly into Gnome configuration (by calling command line tool
gconftool-2) for proxy settings. This require more testing and
investigation for sure, but It's clear that libpurple by itself (can)
gives some proxy support to Telepathy Haze.

Maybe I should start a wiki page that list known connections managers
and show what works, will work and what does not work ?

regards,
Nicolas