[Telepathy] Initiate a text chat/ channel

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:12:58 PDT 2010

Hi Danielle,

I have to build a minimalistic jabber client that supports text, audio
and video calls.
So i used the roster example as a reference, (yes, no mission-control for now).
I have to get it up at the earliest, so i decided not to use
mission-control services
and built everything on top of roster example.

But unfortunately, since last two days i have been struggling to get
the outgoing channel setup working.
It would be great if you could give me some pointers.... I tried the
following code with no luck.

static gboolean
start_chat (gpointer data)
{
 TpContact* contact = (TpContact*) data;
 TpAccount* account = tp_account_new (bus_daemon, );

 GHashTable* request = tp_asv_new (
     TP_IFACE_CHANNEL ".ChannelType",
     G_TYPE_STRING, TP_IFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_TEXT,
     TP_IFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetHandleType",
     G_TYPE_UINT, TP_HANDLE_TYPE_CONTACT,
     TP_IFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetHandle",
     G_TYPE_UINT, tp_contact_get_handle (contact),
     TP_IFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetID",
     G_TYPE_STRING, tp_contact_get_identifier (contact),
     NULL);

 tp_cli_connection_interface_requests_call_ensure_channel (
     conn, -1, request, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);

 return FALSE;
}

Am I missing anything over here?

Thanks