[Telepathy] StreamedMedia/Call spec ambiguities

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Mon Apr 4 07:57:45 PDT 2011

Hi,

Specifying that a CM should emit StreamDirectionChanged with actual direction (if different from the assumed Receive/PendingLocalSend) before signaling the stream as Connected could be a useful cop-out for clients who are not requesting the streams and only receive the signals.

> - What should the direction be reported as for a freshly requested
> stream for which we don't yet know if the remote user accepts to send
> on, or even can send?

Telepathy-Rakia should return the stream with direction Receive and the Pending_Remote_Send flag.
What Gabble does is probably bong, ignored by all clients because they really listen for StreamHandler signals.

Best regards,
  Mikhail