[Telepathy] StreamedMedia/Call spec ambiguities

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 01:06:42 PDT 2011

2011/4/5 Olivier Crête <olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk>:
> In my experience, clients should call RequestStreamDirection with
> whatever they want and the listen for StreamDirectionChanged and then
> re-call RequestStreamDirection until they get what they want. That's the
> only way I'm sure works with every CM.

If clients specifically are upgrading a voice call, what they WANT is
a bidirectional video stream added on top. However, that might not be
possible, if the remote doesn't allow sending their face, or don't
even have a camera, neither of which can be known by the local client
beforehand.

--

Br,
Olli Salli