[Telepathy] Empathy avatar from pixbuf

Raluca-Elena Podiuc ralucaelena1985 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:17:56 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Xavier Claessens <xclaesse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't you get the raw data from cheese's API instead of a pixbuf? So you
> could call avatar_chooser_set_image_from_data().

No I cannot get the data from libcheese:
* cheese_avatar_chooser_get_picture calls um_crop_area_get_picture
which returns only a GdkPixbuf.
* um_crop_area_get_picture calls gdk_pixbuf_new_subpixbuf to crop the image.

All of these work on GdkPixbuf objects.

I can't get the data that I need to use for
avatar_chooser_set_image_from_data(). I searched in the documentation
and I didn't see how could I could get the parameters gchar *data,
gsize  size.

As I see it data/size represents the bytes from the image file and the
size of the file.

Is there a method to obtain valid data/size from a GdkPixbuf object?

--
Raluca-Elena