[Telepathy] Empathy not picking up Asterisk call

Thu Aug 25 16:22:03 PDT 2011

I installed telepathy-sofiasip.x86_64 on Fedora15 and configured it to
talk to an Asterisk instance.  I can dial the configured Empathy
extension.  It rings and I click Answer.  The
"Call with ..." dialog opens but shows "Disconnected in the left most
portion of the status bar.  Hangup and Redial are shown in the toolbar.
Both the dialing extension and Empathy keep ringing until I click
Hangup, and which point the "Call with..." dialog closes and the calling
extension makes a disconnected beeping sound.

Why might Empathy not pick up?  Thank you.

Fred