[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-qt 0.9.0
Andre Moreira Magalhaes
andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 07:19:04 PST 2011
The "Merry Christmas" release.
telepathy-qt is a Qt C++ binding for the Telepathy real-time
communication framework, which can be used to implement user interfaces,
loggers and other Telepathy components.
This release begins the new 0.9 development series for feature additions
following the 0.8 stable release series.
Starting with this release the project is renamed to telepathy-qt
(TelepathyQt) and Qt5 support is added alongside Qt4 support and for
that 0.9 will be API (see changes below) and ABI incompatible with
The latest reviewed code is always available from:
* Everything containing qt4 (with or without caps) was renamed to qt.
- TP_QT4_DEPRECATED -> TP_QT_DEPRECATED
- #include <TelepathyQt4/Foo> -> #include <TelepathyQt/Foo>
* Errors and constant macros starting with TELEPATHY_ (const char *
versions) were removed, remaining only the versions that expand to
- TELEPATHY_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE <- removed
- TP_QT4_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE -> TP_QT_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
* All deprecated methods (marked with TP_QT4_DEPRECATED) and signals
(those that used to emit warnings at runtime when connecting to them)
* StreamTubeChannel::connections() now returns a QSet<uint> instead of
* Channel::groupContacts and groupLocal/RemotePendingContacts() gained
a "includeSelfContact" param defaulting to true.
* KeyFile and ManagerFile classes are now removed from public API.
* SharedPtr cannot be constructed from a QWeakPointer anymore as the
conversion from a QWeakPointer to a SharedPtr can't be made
WeakPtr is reintroduced as a weak pointer class safely promoteable to
* TelepathyQt-Farsight does not include telepathy-farsight/channel.h
* ContactManager::lookupContactByHandle() is removed from public API.
* fd.o #35084: The StreamTubeClient and StreamTubeServer classes have
been added to allow implementing Telepathy Stream Tube connectivity
for applications without having to worry about the channel
* Contact::refreshInfo() requests are now batched together on D-Bus
* fd.o #41356: Implement methods to retrieve available message types on
* fd.o #43631: Add CMake config files. Now CMake projects can find
Tp-Qt straight away without the need of Find* files.
* fd.o #43598 - Add high-level API for Proto.I.Addressing interface
* fd.o #43599 - Add high-level API for Conn.I.Addressing interface
* Our TODO process being completely out of date. Trying to use doxygen
\todo annotations from now on
* FeatureRoster is set on Tp::Connection even for roster-less accounts.
* Some tests are failing for some Qt 4.7 configurations, reports on
fd.o bug #43551 please.
More information about the telepathy