[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.3.6
philip.withnall at collabora.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 15:19:39 PST 2011
libfolks 0.3.6 is now available for download from:
libfolks 0.3.6 — The release so nice, we made it twice
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends
(especially evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!
libfolks is not yet API or ABI stable, so please proceed with caution.
See the NEWS file for details on every break we make. In future
releases, we will have example programs that will be kept up-to-date
with the latest API as well.
For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
(Note: this release was previously made as 0.3.5, but that went bad, so we tidied it up and relabelled it as 0.3.6.)
* Various API breaks and improvements, especially in the IndividualAggregator
* Add various new interfaces: NameOwner, FieldDetails, Urlable, GenderOwner,
Phoneable and Emailable
* Add NameOwner interface
* Add FieldDetails interface
* Add Urlable interface
* Add GenderOwner interface
* Add Phoneable interface
* Add Emailable interface
* Add Tpf.Persona.is_in_contact_list
* Rename the URLable interface to Urlable
* Take a PersonaStore in IndividualAggregator.add_persona_from_details
* Remove IndividualAggregatorError.STORE_NOT_FOUND
* Rename the getter for BackendStore.enabled_backends from
* Rename BackendStore.get_backend_by_name() to .dup_backend_by_name()
* Bug 640901 — Allow it to be determined whether a user Tpf.Persona is in the
* Bug 641780 — Incorrect C function names for URLable interface
* Bug 629078 — Folks needs a full API review to take advantage of our
compatibility break in 0.2.x
* Bug 642036 — No way to pass a message when adding a contact
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.
The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of
telepathy-glib, built to include its Vala bindings.
For any questions, comments, feature proposals, etc., please refer to
the Telepathy mailing list or #telepathy on Freenode.
For bug reports, please file them with the GNOME Bugzilla module "folks"
gnome-announce-list mailing list
gnome-announce-list at gnome.org
More information about the telepathy