[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.3.6

Philip Withnall philip.withnall at collabora.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 15:19:39 PST 2011

libfolks 0.3.6 is now available for download from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.3/

274818fcf325cf77b292abddca62745a5a5c56e701b900a8c42e0b8283d4f830  folks-0.3.6.tar.bz2

e6a84948e61822b84bf65528b15cedc689594c05b5ed7775943c2c545c457b07  folks-0.3.6.tar.gz

libfolks 0.3.6 — The release so nice, we made it twice
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends
(especially evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!

libfolks is not yet API or ABI stable, so please proceed with caution.
See the NEWS file for details on every break we make. In future
releases, we will have example programs that will be kept up-to-date
with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

What's new?
===========

(Note: this release was previously made as 0.3.5, but that went bad, so we tidied it up and relabelled it as 0.3.6.)

Major changes:
* Various API breaks and improvements, especially in the IndividualAggregator
* Add various new interfaces: NameOwner, FieldDetails, Urlable, GenderOwner,
  Phoneable and Emailable

API changes:
* Add NameOwner interface
* Add FieldDetails interface
* Add Urlable interface
* Add GenderOwner interface
* Add Phoneable interface
* Add Emailable interface
* Add Tpf.Persona.is_in_contact_list
* Rename the URLable interface to Urlable
* Take a PersonaStore in IndividualAggregator.add_persona_from_details
* Remove IndividualAggregatorError.STORE_NOT_FOUND
* Rename the getter for BackendStore.enabled_backends from
  folks_backend_store_get_enabled_backends() to
  folks_backend_store_dup_enabled_backends()
* Rename BackendStore.get_backend_by_name() to .dup_backend_by_name()

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 640901 — Allow it to be determined whether a user Tpf.Persona is in the
  contact list
* Bug 641780 — Incorrect C function names for URLable interface
* Bug 629078 — Folks needs a full API review to take advantage of our
  compatibility break in 0.2.x
* Bug 642036 — No way to pass a message when adding a contact

Dependencies
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of
telepathy-glib, built to include its Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact