[Telepathy] Telepathy Support for OTR

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 05:29:32 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 11:48 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 at 03:11:19 +0430, WolfRage wrote:
> > My purpose here is to patch this bug #296867 (Launch Pad) which is bug
> > #16891 on the Free Desktop Bugzilla.
>
> FWIW, Telepathy's official bug tracking is via freedesktop.org, so we generally
> consider fd.o bug numbers to be the important one; Launchpad bugs are
> specific to Ubuntu (or other projects hosted on Launchpad, which we're not).
>
> We usually do this sort of discussion on a fd.o bug report so it's easier to
> find (mailing list archives split by month aren't very useful for long-running
> projects). If you don't mind, I'll direct subsequent discussion to the
> relevant bugs - anyone who's interested in following it can add themselves to
> the bugs' Cc lists.

Yeah, but people don't. I'd really prefer it if we used the mailing-list
to get at least a rough consensus and afterward have the details worked
out on bugreport. Mailinglists really have a much higher visibility for
people so are easier to take part in for the casual observers that don't
want to subscribe to lots of bugs :)

--
Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk>
Collabora Ltd.