[Telepathy] Strange problem with telepathy gabble and g_cancellable_pop

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 03:49:46 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 02:30 +0000, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
> I'm trying to debug problem with gabble which appeared during last few
> days but I cannot pinpoint it.
>
> telepathy-gabble seems to be unable to connect to jabber server.
> Accoring to tcpdump no packets are sent.
>
> Bus names (per account and per connection) are created but no object is
> exported from any of them.
>
> I've tried with telepathy glib 0.10.2, 0.10.4 with libsoup 2.32.x and
> 2.33.x.
>
> Does anyone can help what is the problem?
>
> Regards

I'm not sure if the problem is with glib or telepathy but I find out
what is the problem.

The job seems to be modified concurrently so job->cancellable is
modified between if's. I've attached two patches:

- quick-and-wrong patch makes my system work but it does not check for
concurrent modification.
- 0000-Check-for-concurrent-modification-of-job-cancellable adds assert
after last if to check for modification.

Sorry for cross posting but I have really no idea where the problem is.

Regards