[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.3.4

Travis Reitter travis.reitter at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 16:59:21 PST 2011

libfolks 0.3.4 is now available for download from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.3/

cd35e7d0ecd57cea505e661c69140690587c427b846183f0e18855b15feee1a9
folks-0.3.4.tar.bz2

68aa5fc6e665e511a2421167012e4b94ee8c51fff81ea64b60e126bca8cfa984
folks-0.3.4.tar.gz

libfolks 0.3.4 — I get by with a little help from my friends
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends
(especially evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!

libfolks is not yet API or ABI stable, so please proceed with caution.
See the NEWS file for details on every break we make. In future
releases, we will have example programs that will be kept up-to-date
with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

What's new?
===========

Major changes:
* Add folks-inspect tool
* The use of the new LinkedHashSet type in the API may make libgee a
  requirement  for some clients (to take full advantage of its class
  lineage).

API changes:
* New type: LinkedHashSet, similar to Gee.HashSet, but ordered.
* IMable.im_addresses is now a mapping of string to LinkedHashSet.
* Rename the HasAvatar interface to AvatarOwner
* Rename the HasPresence interface to PresenceOwner

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 637240 — libfolks-telepathy.so exports private symbols
* Bug 638311 — Add a HACKING file that outlines development policies and
  coding style
* Bug 629083 — Review coding conventions in folks
* Bug 629075 — Add folks command line application
* Bug 638609 — libfolks hard-codes backend names for debugging
* Bug 639195 — Print stack traces for failed tests to improve remote
  debugging
* Bug 639113 — Add static aggregation tests
* Bug 639742 — Logger service unavailable in make check
* Bug 640213 — Add tests for LinkedHashSet
* Bug 627397 — Use better interface names

Dependencies
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of
telepathy-glib, built to include its Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact