[Telepathy] Use of self created extensions in Telepathy-qt4

Daniel Engelhardt daniel.engelhardt at esk.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jul 14 04:25:27 PDT 2011

Hello,

I would like to use the Telepathy IDL/XML as an extension to the D-Bus
IDL/XML to develop two test applications that call each other.

This means that I am mostly interested in the IDL and discard most of the
other nice features of Telepathy.

This is how far I got till now: I installed Telepathy and D-Bus and got the
TP-QT4 sources (version 0.7.1). These have an example named 'extensions',
which I used as the basis for my experiments.

With the help of this example, I was able to create a proxy code for this
example and others (using qt4-client-gen.py). Now, I would love to implement
the other stub, which implements the functionality (some people call this
adaptor or skeleton, I guess), but I am failing at this task, because I
could neither find a code generation tool for the QT4 binding to generate
these stubs, nor could I use the native code generation tool from QT4, as
qdbusxml2cpp fails with

|Got unknown type `a(usua{sv})'

|You should add <annotation name="com.trolltech.QtDBus.QtTypeName.Out0"
value="<type>"/> to the XML description

If I had to annotate the XML all by myself, I could simply just annotate the
DBus XML Introspection file (which I don't want to do for other reasons).

So, my question is: how can I implement a proxy-adaptor pair using the QT4
binding and the Telepathy XML description. What am I missing?

I would appreciate an answer very much!

Best regards,

Daniel