[Telepathy] ServerAuth Channel in TpQt4

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 11:20:22 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM, David Edmundson
> <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there are plans to support ServerAuthentication
>> Channel [1], and SASL Auth Channel [2] in Telepathy-Qt4, and if so
>> where it is on the road map?
>>
>> If mission-control storing passwords is being deprecated, we need this
>> in order to work at all in the future.
>> KDE Telepathy also currently just ignores certification problems as it
>> has no way of handling them at present.
>>
>> David Edmundson
>>
>> [1] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Channel_Type_Server_Authentication.html
>> [2] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Channel_Interface_SASL_Authentication.html
>>
> I know this is a bit rude to do on a mailing list, but *bump*.
>
> To be honest I'm expecting the response "No plans, but we're happy to
> review patches if you write it", but it'd still be nice to make sure
> I'm not duplicating planned work.
>
> Dave

Sorry for the delay. Your guess is spot on - there aren't currently
any plans from the TpQt4 upstream side to implement high-level API for
either the auth channels or TLS certificate verification channels,
both of which would be welcome contributions.

I'd expect the interfaces to be reasonably simple to implement
high-level APIs for, as they don't involve building contacts or other
asynchronously built sub-objects for any of the events.

--

Br,
Olli Salli