[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 10:19:45 PDT 2011

On 31/05/11 07:46, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> tp-python is already unmaintained. I'd be in favour of continuing making
> new releases containing code gen for new major spec but only for CM.
> Maybe we could even drop its client code to clearly assert that tp-glib
> + gir is the way to go, especially now with all these awesome new high
> level API.

This sounds reasonable to me in theory: move the service-side code into
One Big Telepathy Bundle, and delete the client-side code.

Casting my eye over Debian packages that depend on tp-python, this would
affect 'tictactoe-ng' … and the whole of Sugar, which concerns me more.
Of course, these changes will hit Sugar anyway. I don't know how close
we are to Sugar being able to use tp-glib via GI.

--
Will