[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 07:30:40 PDT 2011

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 at 16:49:07 +0300, Olli Salli wrote:
> I don't think it's a particularly big problem for tp-qt4 to have its
> own copy of the tests code. It could however be a significant burden
> to maintain a big tp-glib test library in a relatively stable state so
> other libraries could depend on it even as a static library external
> dependency.

This is exactly why tests/lib is a libtool convenience (noinst) library and
tp-qt4 has its own copy - the tp-glib and tp-qt4 tests should be able to
assert about the exact behaviour of the test CMs in tests/lib, and a
system-wide installation of unknown version would break that ability.

If tp-glib and tp-qt4 are going to be in the same git repository, they can
just use the same tests/lib and it'll all be fine (if someone developing
a tp-glib feature breaks the tp-qt4 tests' expectations, that developer is
responsible for fixing the tp-qt4 tests to catch up).

If not, perhaps tests/lib should become a common submodule or something?