[Telepathy] ICQ SSL option

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 12:12:10 PDT 2011

On 13/06/11 20:05, Timur Irikovich Davletshin wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> As might know there is a problem with ICQ login since June 10th.
> Mentioned below solution worked for me with empathy 2.32 in Ubuntu
> 10.10, but it doesn't in 3.0 giving output Protocol 'icq' does not have
> parameter 'use-ssl'
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/795932/comments/5
>
> Is there any solution for that?

I just took a quick look. Recent versions of libpurple renamed that
parameter. Looks like Haze will need patching to map the Telepathy names
to the new libpurple semantics: it's got a string parameter "encryption"
which takes a bunch of values. Helpfully the names of the values are
different for different prpls…

--
Will