[Telepathy] Telepathy (+ Folks?) entry in Gnome Platform Overview

Travis Reitter travis.reitter at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 3 09:21:34 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 12:38 +0100, Will Thompson wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> Who likes writing developer-oriented marketing prose? In April Shaun
> McCance put out[0] a call for contributions to the Gnome Platform
> Overview. He has written a few paragraphs on Telepathy, with a reference
> to the Telepathy Developer's Manual[1]. Does anyone feel like fleshing
> it out to perhaps also mention Folks (or should Folks be a separate
> section?)?

I think we should go for both. It'd be nice to include a brief mention
of Folks, since it's a better target for most new applications in the
Gnome 3.2 timeframe as Folks should be slowing down its API churn soon.

And Folks definitely needs better documentation (ideally along the lines
of the Telepathy Developer's Manual, though I'm not sure anyone will
have time soon for anything that complete). Historically, we've had way
too much API churn for long-form documentation to be worthwhile, but I
think we're nearly past that. And this should help point out any odd
corners of the API as we make our last round of clean-ups.

-Travis