[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

jose.aliste at gmail.com jose.aliste at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:31:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

> steps from the “write spec; get spec merged to spec repo; get spec
> > released; copy-paste spec to tp-glib; write high-level C API; release
> > tp-glib; copy-paste spec to tp-qt4; write high-level Qt4 API; release
> > tp-qt4” hurdles between here and cake island for any new feature.
>
> I'm a bit scared about merging in the same repository, especially
> tp-glib and tp-qt4. They do not have the same person hacking on them,
> not the same priorities and schedule. For example tp-qt4 would currently
> be driven by meego (and KDE?) releases, while tp-glib by GNOME releases.

just a side comment about this. In poppler, we do have in the same repo the
qt and the glib bindings, and it works just fine IMO. The problems about
synchronizing releases are there (for instance, evince 2.32 was released
before poppler 0.16, and there was an api break in the glib bindings...
distros were not aware of that...problem for packagers.. etc. ) but if you
finally decide to do rolling releases more often as is proposed, maybe this
won't be an issue for you.

Greetings

José