[Telepathy] [Empathy] Adium themes & font display

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 10:29:48 PST 2011

Le mardi 08 novembre 2011 à 16:49 +0100, Laurent Pointecouteau a écrit :

> I've noticed that my Empathy setup displays every font as a highly
> anti-aliased Times.

I think the font type is defined by the theme, thus if you want Serif
font, you probably need to select another theme. For the font appearing
translucent greyish, It might be a configuration issue. I personally
installed gnome-tweak tool, and switched the antialiasing  RDBA
(sub-pixel), which works fine on LCD (most of the time). Gnome 2 was
giving way more control over that, but the thing is that the right
settings really depends on your screen, and the font size. Normally
fonts contains hint to let FreeType do the right thing, and sometimes
they are missing, or not in a format FreeType understand. It is possible
to work around those issue by adding font specific configuration
in /usr/share/fontconfig/ .

Nicolas