[Telepathy] Echo cancellation

Alexander Søndergaard gammel.holte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:31:59 PST 2011

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I'm using Empathy 3.2.2 & PulseAudio 1.1.
Everything is running on an ArchLinux x86_64 VirtualBox machine.

I tried starting PulseAudio once X11 is running with pulseaudio -D
(previously I init dbus as a root). This works fine. I even hear a
click coming from my speakers. Moreover if I call somebody, I can see
pulseaudio using some cpu with top. However, no echo is cancelled.

I've tried starting PulseAudio with start-pulseaudio-x11 or loading
the echo-cancel module explicitly from the PulseAudio terminal.
Nothing made any differences.

It seems like I haven't configured PulseAudio properly, but I have no
idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,