[Telepathy] Telepathy C#/.NET bindings

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 16:50:17 PST 2011

Hi Daniel,

That's not actually the preferred way to set presence. The preferred way
is to set the RequestedPresence via Mission Control and let Mission
Control talk to the CMs. See
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/sect.accounts.presence.html

Ultimately, maintaining a set of high-level bindings is a lot of work.
We found that all bindings except tp-glib and tp-qt4 were falling
behind. The way we're now moving forward is to use gobject-introspection
where possible to create wrappers for telepathy-glib. This is already
possible in Javascript and Python (GNOME Shell's Telepathy integration
is written this way). So you might find it faster to get Mono bindings
by getting involved with g-i on Mono and the introspection of tp-glib.

Best Regards,
--danni

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 11:37 +1100, Daniel Lo Nigro wrote:
> I saw a few projects for Telepathy C# bindings but they seemed dead and I
> couldn't get any of them to work, so I started my own.  It's really simple
> and probably buggy, and very lacking in functionality at the moment.
> Currently the only function is updating the status and status message
> (via SimplePresence::SetPresence). It uses Mono's fork of dbus-sharp.
>
> Here's the URL: https://github.com/Daniel15/NTelepathy
>
> Hopefully it's useful to someone :)
>
>  - Daniel

Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk