[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-gabble 0.13.7

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 08:25:42 PDT 2011

The “toast the air” release.

tarball: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.13.7.tar.gz
signature: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.13.7.tar.gz.asc
git: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble

Dependencies:

• telepathy-glib 0.15.9 is now required.

Enhancements:

• fd.o#32611: Gabble now implements the Room, Subject and RoomConfig
  interfaces. It no longer implements old-style Telepathy.Properties on
  text channels. Applications which used those will need to be updated
  to use Subject and RoomConfig instead; they should be pleasantly
  surprised at how much easier the new APIs are to use. (Jonny, Will)

• Plugins which implement channel managers may now expose capabilities
  from them, using the GabbleCapsChannelManager interface; other,
  less dramatic pieces of API for plugins have also been added. (Jonny)

Fixes:

• fd.o#41388: SASL authentication channels no longer claim that
  X-TELEPATHY-PASSWORD authentication is supported on servers that don't
  actually support authenticating with a password (such as the WLM
  server). (Xavier)

• Wocky no longer confuses the realm and the server (which are usually,
  but not always, the same) when performing DIGEST-MD5 authentication.
  (Marco)

• We now correctly submit the default configuration form to the MUC we
  have just created, rather than to the user's own server. (Will)

Bye,
--
Will