[Telepathy] Storing passwords in MC and regsitering new accounts.

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 08:28:05 PDT 2011

Apparently storing passwords in mission control is deprecated. So we
(in KDE Telepathy) have replaced it with storing the passwords with
taking any 'password' parameter and placing it in KWallet.

We've taken this to mean we should not pass any "password" parameters
to MC. Is this correct?
If we do pass them our users (potentially) get bombarded with dialogs
for gnome-keyring, and the password gets stored in two places.

We run into a problem if we are trying to register a new account on
the jabber server. We still use the createAccount method, and pass the
parameter "register", but it's not going to work properly unless we
send a password too. If we do that, MC will open gnome-keyring and
start storing the passwords internally.

Thoughts?

Dave