[Telepathy] telepathy Digest, Vol 77, Issue 8

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 16:45:08 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 15:35 -0500, Andrés Vargas wrote:

> There are no more examples ? I would like to know how to establish a
> connection. In examples I found code with a established connection, so I
> could test it with empathy connections.

That's usually what you do with Telepathy. You use an established
account/connection from Mission Control that the user has already set
up. One of the main features of Telepathy is the ability to share a
connection between many applications that want to use it.

If you want to bypass Mission Control, which very occasionally is a
thing, you can request a proxy to a Connection Manager and then call
RequestConnection, but there is no neat async API for this in the GI
bindings, and you'll have to use the raw D-Bus API. One you have a path
to the Connection object you can return to using the GI bindings.

--
Danielle Madeley
Senior Software Engineer, Collabora Ltd.

www.collabora.co.uk