[Telepathy] Accessing Folks from python, part 2

Frederik Elwert frederik.elwert at web.de
Mon Jan 23 09:13:21 PST 2012

Am Montag, den 23.01.2012, 16:45 +0000 schrieb Philip Withnall:
> On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 16:21 +0100, Frederik Elwert wrote:

> > > You should be able to trim the code down to:
> > >
> > > while iterator.next():
> > >     key = iterator.get()
> > >     print aggregator.props.individuals.get(key)
> >
> > Okay, I changed my sample script accordingly. Thanks for the hint.
> > However, still segfaulting.
> >
> > > To my untrained eye, it looks like Python doesn't like the code, though,
> > > since the stack trace contains a call to "PyErr_Print". If you inspected
> > > this frame more closely (e.g. "frame 48; info locals" in gdb) that might
> > > give a hint.
> > >
> > > In any case, could you use the "backtrace full" command in gdb to get a
> > > more detailed stack trace please?
> >
> > I did this, please see the attached backtrace.
>
> Looks like you're missing debug information for Python. Could you make
> sure you've got the Python runtime debug symbols installed and get a
> better stack trace please?

Yes, look like it. But I made sure I installed python-dbg, and gdb
prints this on startup:

Reading symbols from /usr/bin/python...Reading symbols
from /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/python2.7...done.

Is there any other package with debug symbols that might be missing
here? I am sorry, but I am not very familiar with gdb magic.