[Telepathy] GNOME/KDE: standarisation of secret schemas

Debarshi Ray rishi.is at lostca.se
Mon Jul 16 04:28:35 PDT 2012

> What I am missing here is how all this blends with
> gnome-online-accounts and the future kde web-accounts kcm. I'm not
> sure how GOA works

GOA is a single sign-on mechanism. When you add a new account in GOA, what it
does is verify the credentials supplied by the user and stores it in
gnome-keyring via libsecret. The credentials can be a OAuth 1 or OAuth 2 token,
a password, etc..

Applications can then query GOA and get a list of configured accounts, the
credentials, and features provided by the account (eg., mail, contacts, etc.).
GOA can also supply some configuration related to the account. eg., for a
Google account it provides the IMAP and SMTP details which are needed to set
up a GMail account. That way an application (eg., Evolution) can auto
configure itself.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

--
Slacktivism: the idea that 'sharing', 'liking' or retweeting will solve a
problem.