[Telepathy] Is there a synchronous correspondent to "CreateAccount"

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 21 11:49:58 PDT 2012

On 21/05/12 12:54, Ajay Garg wrote:
> However, I just wonder if there is a corresponding "RemoveAccount" (or
> something like that) that would be synchronous as well (that is, user
> may wish to remove a particular account).

It's a method on the Account object:

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Account.html#Method:Remove

and is just as synchronous or asynchronous as CreateAccount (i.e. it
depends on your library/binding, but calling it asynchronously is
strongly encouraged).

I recommend using Telepathy via either telepathy-glib or telepathy-qt.
In telepathy-glib it's
tp_account_manager_create_account_async()/..._finish() and
tp_account_remove_async()/..._finish() (or
AccountManager.create_account_async(), etc., in bindings like PyGI).

In telepathy-qt use Tp::AccountManager::createAccount() or
Tp::Account::remove().